Denbighshire Leisure has in place a policy regarding the admission of customers to the swimming pool, so that everyone can use our facilities in a safe enjoyable environment.
Children aged under 3 years:
1 Adult to 1 Child with or without approved flotation aids
1 Adult to 2 Children both with approved flotation aids
Children aged 3-7 years:
1 Adult to 2 Children** With or without approved flotation aids
Child aged under 3 with child aged 3-7 years:
1 Adult: 2 Children with or without approved flotation aids, it is advisable, however, that the under 3 is in approved flotation aids.
“Approved floatation aids” are those such as arm bands, a floatation vest or a strap-in seat, that meet BSEN 13138 standard.
**Except when children are participating in supervised Centre organised sessions/ activities.
- Supervising adults of Under 8s must be at least 16 years of age and must accompany the children at all times both in the water and the changing rooms
- Normal swimwear must be worn at all times i.e. no jeans, t-shirts or below the knee shorts to be worn. Masks, flippers and snorkels are not allowed into the pool during public sessions.
- Children over 8 should change in their designated male / female changing area as appropriate.
- In the interests of hygiene and to improve water quality, we request that all customers shower prior to entering the pool.
- In the interests of safety, we cannot allow anyone into the pool if we believe they are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The taking of still or moving images is prohibited without the prior permission from the Centre Management.
- The facilities must not be used for coaching / instructing (whether paid or unpaid) without prior approval from the Centre Management.
- All swimmers who wear nappies or protective underwear should wear Swim Nappies underneath their swim suit or a special purpose swimming costume. Swim Nappies for babies and infants can be purchased at reception
- We require prior notice of any group or organisation bringing more than fifteen swimmers at any one time.
- Please inform the lifeguard if you have any illness or disability that may affect your ability to swim during your visit.
The Centre management reserves the right to refuse admission, or expel persons if their condition or conduct may cause a risk to the safety and enjoyment of others.
Click here to view a pdf or the policy.